If you're new to the vegan diet and craving a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional steaks, try making these vegan cauliflower steaks. You can simply bake in the oven or roast in the air fryer. It turns out absolutely delicious.
These vegan cauliflower steaks are packed with nutrients and have a crispy texture. They are easy to make and can be ready in just a few minutes. You can make them in the oven or in an air fryer.
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest vegetables known. This is a low-carb, low-calorie vegetable that will surely add tons of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients to our body. Also, this is a great vegetable to maintain the health and ideal weight of our body. Read more health benefits of cauliflower here.
Vegan Cauliflower Steaks With Buffalo Sauce
Cauliflower steak is an easy cauliflower dish that you must try. It's easy to make with no preparation and planning. To make the vegan steaks, season the cauliflower with some basic and some favorite seasonings and then cook for the said time in the oven or in an oven. Easy peasy meal or sides ready in 30 minutes or less. That's all we need on a busy weekday dinner.
I love to drizzle some hot buffalo sauce on the steaks.
Try my other side dishes -
1 large cauliflower head - depending on the servings choose the size of the cauliflower.
Seasonings - Garlic Powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, or any other favorite seasonings
Olive oil - or any fat like avocado oil.
How to make cauliflower steaks?
Cut the cauliflower into slices
Wash and clean the cauliflower head. Cut off the stem and leaves except the core. Now slice it through (from top of head to the bottom core) into pieces of 3 - 4 inches. However, small florets may fall off the steak. But you can add them to the sheet pan while roasting.
Season the Cauliflower
Brush the cauliflower with little oil. Now sprinkle the seasonings including salt and pepper uniformly across the slice. Then flip and repeat the same on the other side. Also, you can keep it in marination for 10 - 15 minutes when have time. Otherwise cook immediately.
Bake the steaks in the oven
Preheat the oven at 425 F. Grease a sheet pan or baking tray. Place the seasoned cauliflower slices on the tray. Depending on the size of the cauliflower head, you may place up to 2 - 3 steaks in one batch though. However, for large quantity, make in batches. Remeber not to over crowd the pan/ tray for even cooking.
Cook for 15 minutes and then remove the tray and flip the slices. If required sprinkle some more seasonings and a little oil spray. Cook again for 15 minutes.
Air fry the vegan cauliflower steaks
Preheat the air fryer at 375 F. Place the seasoned cauliflower steaks inside the basket and cook for 15 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through. Spray a little more oil and sprinkle some more seasoning while flipping. However it's optional though.
How to serve the vegan cauliflower steaks?
- Serve the cauliflower steaks as an appetizer with some hot sauce drizzle over them.
- Makes a good sides with any meal, grains like rice, quinoa, barley, etc for a filling meal.
- Make your buddha bowl or vegan bowl with roasted steaks.
Storage and reheat
You can refrigerate the leftover in an air tight container. It stays good for up to 5 days when stored properly. This is freezer friendly also.
Vegan Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 cauliflower head cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Cut cauliflower into slices
- Wash and clean the cauliflower head.
- Cut off the stem and leaves except for the core.
- Now slice it through (from top of head to the bottom core) into pieces of 3 - 4 inches.
- Small florets from the sides may fall off the steak. Add them to the sheet pan while roasting.
Season the cauliflower slices
- Brush the cauliflower with little oil.
- Now sprinkle the seasonings including salt and pepper uniformly across the slice.
- Then flip and repeat the same on the other side.
- Let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes. However it's optional and can immediately cook.
Bake in the oven
- Preheat the oven at 425 F. Grease a sheet pan or baking tray.
- Place the seasoned cauliflower slices on the tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then remove the tray and flip the slices.
- If required sprinkle some more seasonings and a little oil spray.
- Cook again for 15 minutes.
Air Fry the Cauliflower steaks
- Preheat the air fryer at 375 F.
- Place the seasoned cauliflower steaks inside the basket and cook for 15 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through.
- Spray a little more oil and sprinkle some more seasoning while flipping. However it's optional though.
- Remove once cooked perfectly with desired doneness.
- Drizzle your favorite dipping sauce over the vegan cauliflower steaks.
- Serve hot.