I love these herb roasted potatoes. These are the perfect sides you will love in any of your meals. So scrumptious, I can't resist ignoring them. These are easy to make and flavor-packed.
If you're looking for a delicious and easy side dish, these herb roasted potatoes are the perfect option. It's an easy and quick dish that you can make in just a few minutes, and they'll make your meal that much more flavorful.
Whenever I look for a delicious and easy side dish, I look no further than these herb roasted potatoes. These takes a few simple ingredients, they come together quickly and are sure to please everyone at the table.
These oven-roasted potatoes are great option for appetizers as well. Even for a large crowd party, this simple appetizer will definitely please the crowd.
Herb Roasted Potatoes
When it comes to roasted potatoes, there are a lot of ways to do them. You can pan fry the potatoes, roast them in an oven or in the air fryer. Air fryer gives a quicker result though.
You can go the basic seasoning with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Or you can go for a different seasoning or spices or herbs to add an intense flavor to it.
Here I have added fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and garlic. You can also substitute the fresh herbs with dried herbs too. The result is a delicious side dish that pairs well with just about anything or as a simple appetizer.
Ingredients you will need -
Detailed quantities/ amount is in the recipe card.
baby potatoes - or large potatoes, preferably less starchy
olive oil - substitute with avocado oil
herbs - rosemary, thyme, parsley, or cilantro
garlic - fresh or garlic powder
onion powder - optional
salt & pepper as per taste
Prepare the potatoes -
For baby potatoes, you don't need to peel them off since the skin is thin and it adds a nice crisp to the potatoes. If taking large size potatoes, then peel off the potatoes.
Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and the baby potatoes into halves.
Note - For crispy potatoes, consider running the potatoes under running water once to wash off excess starch. This will make the potatoes crispier. Wipe off once with a kitchen towel.
Season with herbs and seasonings-
Place them in the mixing bowl. Drizzle some olive oil followed by other seasonings and chopped fresh herbs or dried herbs.
Bake the potatoes -
In the meanwhile preheat the oven at 425 F.
Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray lined with butter paper. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes or potatoes are done nice brown and crisp.
Roast and flip the potatoes halfway through.
Extra Tips for Perfect Roasted Potatoes
- Don't overcrowd the pan/ tray. Make in batches if making in large quantity.
- Toss and flip the potatoes once or twice in between for even crisp roasted potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes on higher temperature above 400F like 425 F or 450 F. This will help in not making the potatoes soggy but will make crispier.
Storage & Reheat
If any leftover, you can store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 4 - 5 days. Though the freshly roasted potatoes are the best. But the stored ones will also infuse the flavor nicely evenif they won't be crispy like the earlier.
To reheat, transfer the potatoes to the baking tray and reheat at 425 F for 5 minutes. Or in the microwave for 1 minute (in a microwave safe bowl).
Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 3 - 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 - 3 fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp minced rosemary 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp minced thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp minced oregano or 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 425 F.
- Wash and clean the potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and the baby potatoes into halves.
- Place the potatoes in a large sieve and pass through running water.
- Wipe the potatoes once with a kitchen towel.
- And transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the herbs, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix them thoroughly.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes till potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Flip the potatoes halfway through for evenly crisp roasted potatoes.
- Sprinkle some extra chopped parsley or cilantro (optional). Serve hot when done.